- New! The Team Xtra Lite option is designed to challenge teams of two relatively fit intermediate high school-going kids (13-15 years of age) who want to experience stage racing over 2 days of 35km trails in distance per day. They however do not take part in the more technical final day Time Trial. Teams consisting of two stage race novices, fit, junior (16 –18 year-old) riders and any adults who would like to try their legs at stage racing over 3 days over trails between 35 and 45km for 3 days may also enter. These routes start at 1000m and reach a maximum of 1500m above sea level, with some spectacular views and natural vistas, waterfalls, and forestry trails and single tracks along the way.
- The Team Lite option is designed for teams of two riders over 16 years of age with competent riding/racing ability over challenging, but very rideable half-marathon distances and steep climbs. Ride together with a partner to gain experience for the longer stage races. Although the stage distances are relatively short, these are never easy around Sabie. The area is blessed with many waterfalls, stunning views, amazing indigenous vegetation and wildlife. The routes start at 1000m above sea level and reach a maximum of 1700m above sea level.
- The Solo Challenge routes are designed to test even the most experienced and fit endurance riders to race over very challenging topography, rough terrain, in remote areas with spectacular scenery, negotiating technically difficult single tracks for a prestigious spot on the podium. These routes will take riders from 1000m to 2200m above sea level, with some brutal climbs. For the recreational rider, just finishing these routes in the allocated time is indeed an achievement to tick off your MTB bucket list, even more than once!
- New!! Team Xtra Lite 70km with 1550m climbing over 2 days, or 115km with 2300m climbing over 3 days.
Day 1 – 35km/800m ascent
Day 2 – 35km/650m ascent (sub junior/youth) or 38km/750m ascent
Day 3 – 40km/750m ascent (Time Trial)
Team School Xtra Lite Sub-junior/Youth – Two riders of either gender aged 13 to 15years as at 31 December 2018 (two days only).
Team School Xtra Lite Junior – Two riders of either gender aged 16 to 18 years as at 31 December 2018 (three days).
Team Xtra Lite Novice Open – Two riders of either gender aged 16 or older as at 31 December 2018 (three days).
Early Bird: Team Sub-junior/Youth (2 day): R1200 per Team (until 15 December 2017)
Base Entry: Team School Sub-junior/Youth (2 day): R1500 per team (from 16 December to 31 March 2018)
Early Bird: Team Xtra Lite School and Novice (3 day): R1600 per team (until 15 December 2017)
Base Entry: Team Xtra Lite School and Novice (3 Day): R2000 per team (from 16 January to 31 March 2018)
- Team Lite 135km with 2800m ascent for riders 16 years and older
Day 1 – 50km/1300m ascent
Day 2 – 40km/750m ascent
Day 3 – 40km/750m ascent (Time Trial)
Open Men Team – Two male riders aged 16 years or older as at 31 December 2018
Open Women Team – Two female riders aged 16 years or older as at 31 December 2018
Open Mixed Team – One male and one female rider aged 16 years or older as at 31 December 2018
Early Bird: R2800 per team (until 15 December 2017)
Base Entry: R3600 per team (from 16 December to 31 March 2018
- Solo Challenge 185km with 4300m ascent for riders 19 years and older
Day 1 – 65km/1650m
Day 2 – 80km/1900m
Day 3 – 40km/750m (Time Trial)
Solo Senior Men – A male rider aged 19 to 39 years as at 31 December 2018
Solo Senior Women – A female rider 19 years to 39 as at 31 December 2018
Solo Challenge Vet/Master Men – A male rider 40 years and older as at 31 December 2018
Solo Challenge Vet/Master Women – A female rider 40 years and older as at 31 December 2018
Early Bird: Solo R2100 per rider (until 15 December 2017)
Base Entry: Solo R2700 per rider (from 16 December to 31 March 2018)
Entries accepted after 25 March 2018 may not get complete goody bag contents.
ENTRIES CLOSE: 31 March 2018 at 24h00
CANCELLATION POLICY: All Stage Race Options
Riders wanting to cancel their entry will forfeit the following part of their entry fee:
R600 of entry fee will be retained for admin costs, bank charges etc.
The balance will be refunded if written notice is received before 20 February 2018
40 % of entry fee will be refunded if written notice is received before 15 March 2018.
0% will be refunded after 25 March 2018, but goody bags will be sent to riders.
TRANSFERS AND CHANGES.
A R300 admin fee will be charged for each change made.
An entry is transferable to another person before 31 March 2018.
Riders may downgrade from Solo Challenge to Team Lite if they find a suitable partner and pay in the difference.
Team Lite riders may downgrade to Team Extra Lite at the original price paid.
Team Lite and Extra Lite riders losing partners must try to find a substitute, but will be permitted to ride solo (non-competitively, and not assist or jeopardize result of the other competitors in any way), if they wish.
Entries may not be transferred to 2019.
CSA RACING LICENCES:
All entries for a sanctioned Stage Race require a CSA racing license, currently R120 per annum. If the rider cannot produce an annual license, her/she will have to pay R35 per day for a temporary licence, ie. R105 for 3 days and R70 for 2 days.
NB!!! Please Note:
In the very unlikely event of the event being cancelled, shortened, or affected by extreme weather events or other circumstances which are deemed necessary by the Race Director, CSA Commissaire, ORRU Joint Operations Command, appointed Safety Officer, or South African Police Services to be life-threatening